To jwmunro: Adobe RGB vs sRGB - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jwmunro 2009-11-08 18:25

Hello Dan -

This is a different view of this well known icon. I am looking at this on my laptop and it is not being rendered as I remember seeing it yesterday. This could account for the lack of comments on TE. The spray seems to be blocked up, I am wondering if TE has something to do with this or maybe it is how you are converting for the web. I learned in my seminar today that Adobe color space needs to be converted to sRGB to render correctly on the web. I don't generally convert and maybe that explains why I get some comments about blocked shadows and a lack of vividness to some of my images. Just a thought. Anyway, as I said yesterday it was a nice image and a really different view. Well done!

Thank you for sharing.

John

Old 11-09-2009, 05:26 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To jwmunro: Adobe RGB vs sRGB

Hi, John -

I believe you are correct; sRGB is preferred for internet viewing generally (not just TE). I used to convert TE posts, but haven't done so lately; lazy, I guess. Or more likely, I'd forgotten, since in Photoshop I don't see any difference between the two schemes, at least on my monitor (which is getting old, but that's another story).

Now that you've reminded me, I'll try to get back in the conversion habit.

I had a great time meeting you the other day.

Best,
Dan
Old 11-09-2009, 06:01 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To jwmunro: Adobe RGB vs sRGB

Dan -

Did you get my note from last night? I am not sure it went out via TE because when I hit the send button the response was way too fast and no acknowledgment from TE that it was sent. In a nut shell here is is what I said:

It was great to finally meet you and your wife Jean. I had a wonderful time walking through the Haight and having lunch and our conversation. I did drive to the top of your cross street and walked out onto the knoll and what a view. This would be a great place for a blue hour image of the Mission District and part of downtown as the lights come up. I took a quick look at my images and I have a few that are worthy of posting so they may show up on TE in the future. My seminar was interesting and I learned a lot about the Nikon Creative Light System so I think I will take the plunge and get a new speedlight. Let's keep in touch and make sure we meet again before you and Jean get posted to some God-forsaken place like Mogadishu or Bum-Fuq (pronounce it phonetically), Egypt.

I made it home this morning - 3 hour drive from Fremont.

Later

John
Old 11-09-2009, 06:36 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To jwmunro: Adobe RGB vs sRGB

Hi, John -

Sorry, no note came through. This is the first I've heard from you.

We had a great time meeting you as well. And I'm glad you liked Tank Hill. I've gone up there before dawn for some good shots - although what I most remember about one such jaunt is the skunk who came out to see what I was doing. We nodded politely to each other and he went on his way.

Assuming I do get posted to that town (!) in Egypt - and it's by no means certain I'll get the job at all - we'll be spending several months in DC first. And before that, we will make a farewell (for now) circuit of California, and we'll certainly try to get into the Central Valley, or make some other arrangement to hook up with you and hopefully Peter B. as well. A Mendocino shoot?

You should really find the time to check out the Metropolitan Museum in NYC, by the way.

Best,
Dan