To jimkil: Maps can be misleading - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jimkil 2009-12-13 13:12

Hello Dan
Great to see your map filled nearly all yellow, that must be some experience for you to nearly see the whole world. This looks frightening, the waves crashing against this small rock. Exceleent back and white conversion with excellent exposure and detail.
Well done
Jim

Old 12-13-2009, 08:53 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To jimkil: Maps can be misleading

Hi, Jim -

In Russia, I've only been to Moscow and St. Petersburg, but because Russia is the largest country in the world, it looks more impressive than it is. Same thing with Canada - just for going to Vancouver and Victoria, I get the whole country. (Though I have been to other parts of it.) I've got a lot of gaps, too - western Africa, most of SE Asia and all of the Pacific. The people here who really impress me are the ones who've been to Antarctica!

The rock in this photo isn't quite as small as you might think. I can't be totally sure, since I shot this from a clifftop above it, and I don't think there is any beach in front of it, nor any way to get to the beach if there were one, but I'd say it's about 10-12 meters (30-40 feet) or so. It was a very windy or wave-y day!

Best,
Dan