TE books - Layouts

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I think it would be interesting to bring all suggestions about the layout of TE Book here together to discus, any creative suggestion or proposition here would be most welcome
  • Re: TE books - Layouts
    One example with:

- photo
    - photo data
    - notes
    - place

<A href="http://www.johanson.info/te/images/Bilde1.pdf">Adobe example here >></A>
    Tanks Jack
    I have seen it and think that there are sime good ideas already in it
    I think also a white background can be used or maybe a totally black one
    I add a quick example to it on white from my Pbase site

dont look at the top links or bottom comments
    nice Jack, I like it, but I may suggest to add more space for text, or at least define how long can be the photographer´s note.

I prefer not to have frames, just the plain white background for all the book.

K.
    I agree about the frames. No frames is the best idea for the book, and next to the photo a note. Simplicity is best.
    I agree with the white background and no-border photos.

But i think we shouldn't restrict to a single photo with note per page, tends to be boring...

If sometimes you can use a one page photo, there will be pages were we could add 2 smaller photos maybe.

Mário
    true. Some photos will have to be in large format and some can be in a smaller format. One photo I plan on submitting has to be a large format photo due to the detail.
    I will also recommend variations, still when a lay out is choosen it should be used, but adopted for the different pages.

IE: Photos will be in different formats. Page usage will depend also on the photo format, vertical or horizontal adjusted.

As in the example: Main space for the photo with no frames, exept maybe a 1 px black frame (tat will be added in the printhouse) - text in dark grey - coloumns for: Data Notes and Place.
    Yes Jack, off course, i've seen your layout and think it's a good one.

We also need to define some aspects:

- Size: 6x9; A4; A3?
    - Lettering size/colours (agree with dark grey or black)
    - Paper Orientation: Portrait (vertical); Landscape (Horizontal)

IMHO i would go por A4 Portrait standart format

M.
  • MInimum resolution of the files?
    To have a good quality print?

This is important to clarify before posting pictures...

2 MP? 3.2MP?

K.