To peter1892: Thanks - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great edal 2006-11-19 16:17

Just having seen your next post, I returned to this one to read the introduction explanation. And no surprise - again a precise note and a precise capture. Is the tower with the flag the pov of the next photo? Why the flag is in the French or Russian colors?
Thanks for the free visit to the Runkel schloss!
Anton

Old 08-12-2006, 06:54 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To peter1892: Thanks

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your critique. One of the AE settings I use frequently has a default ISO, which I stupidly and inadvertently left at 800, which meant that a large proportion of my English shots were taken at this high level - which is anathema to me for most landscapes, having come from a film tradition of shooting mainly at 50 or 64. The high ISO level means of course much greater noise etc. Your good eye spotted this. Cheers, and have a good weekend.
John
Old 08-12-2006, 08:11 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To peter1892: Thanks

Ah yes, high iso - the bane of digital cameras! I've had this happen to me with my new camera, it only goes up to iso 400 but even then it can be very noisy indeed. Much more so than 35mm film rated at the same speed. Even with all the convenience that digital offers I sometimes wonder if the technology is still lacking in certain areas (and working in the I.T. industry I see this daily - the amount of bugs left in major software releases is often alarming!).

All the best

Peter
Old 11-20-2006, 01:24 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To peter1892: Thanks

Hi John - I was in Lulworth myself on saturday! A lovely place & the weather was kind (if a little windy).

Peter