workshop - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 05:32 AM
TE Junior Member

Smile workshop

what does it mean to post to workshop? How do I get a discussion going on a photo in TE?
Old 09-13-2010, 05:17 PM
TE Newbie

Arrow Workshop help

hi Karen.
... good questions there.
I have been doing some "Workshops" and I think I get it. (I am a newbie too.)

You might be interested in this thread, where Donato was a big help with me figuring out the "Groups".
http://www.trekearth.com/forums/show...08#post1146008
He said:
"They (workshops) are meant mainly for showing how you can improve a photo, but it's allowed also to use this page to post a complementary photo to the main one or a photo which goes against the TOS (terms of service) i.e. a photo of you or of your friends which of course is forbidden in the main page."

Anyway the idea is to post a photo (yours or another member's) as the Original then download a copy to your computer and adjust it and upload the corrected version to the workshop. I usually download and "fix" the photo before I do anything with the original. To clarify the steps are:
- Find and download the Original photo to your computer
- Do the "corrections" in your computer - make a corrected version
- Go to the Original photo page - go to "Post to Workshop" - Original will be posted.
- Browse and upload your Corrected Version from your computer.
- Fill out the Title and Explanation block to explain your corrections.
- Click "Update" and you are done.

I have put together a Workshop using your Bryce Canyon photo here:
http://www.trekearth.com/members/daveRen/workshops/
It should also appear on the Workshops List page, under Gallery --> Workshops
http://www.trekearth.com/workshops/

Another thing that you could do is post a member's photo that matches or complements one of yours and then upload yours - so you end up with a side by side comparison.

It would be neat if you could just take one of your own photos and do a "post to Workshop" and see if anybody would change it.... but I don't think it works that way. Maybe we can get some help with this idea from a more experienced member. That goes for your "Discussion" question too - I haven't quite figured that out. Except that under my "Discussions" tab on my profile it comes up with my forum posts.

...... hope this helps ....... Dave

PS Your photo was great - it really didn't need to be "corrected".