To macjake: Bitch, complain etc. - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2020-02-25 22:32

Hi Murat
this is one of those shots where you just sit back and enjoy the subject for what it is. As for your note, I agree with you 100%. TE moderators will bitch and complain and delete photos, but yet they don't do anything to improve the site. Like you said...why can't we get a counter working to see the views, its such a simple thing. Awesome subjects, she's a beauty for sure. wonderful light striking it too, warm and contrasting cool tones make it work
cheers
Craig

Old 02-26-2020, 07:07 AM

Unhappy To macjake: Bitch, complain etc.

TE moderators will bitch and complain and delete photos, but yet they don't do anything to improve the site...

Dear Greg,
I am one of the Moderator and I am really sad by what you were writing here, “bitch and complain” ???
Also you should know that we - the whole team - is doing that job for many years, days in, days out, but we don’t have any effect or power on the tech and admin side of TrekEarth.
If there were no rules or moderating this site would be just like TrekLens, it has never been the purpose...

Amicalement,
Viviane

* By the way that “very interesting photo of a close-up of a garden flower” has been reinstated.
Old 02-26-2020, 04:42 PM
TE Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porteplume View Post
TE moderators will bitch and complain and delete photos, but yet they don't do anything to improve the site...

Dear Greg,
I am one of the Moderator and I am really sad by what you were writing here, “bitch and complain” ???
Also you should know that we - the whole team - is doing that job for many years, days in, days out, but we don’t have any effect or power on the tech and admin side of TrekEarth.
If there were no rules or moderating this site would be just like TrekLens, it has never been the purpose...

Amicalement,
Viviane

* By the way that “very interesting photo of a close-up of a garden flower” has been reinstated.
Hi Viviane
Fair enough...perhaps I have guided my frustrations in the wrong direction. I care about this site & its members so much, we are a community. Yet each year its shrinking in numbers. Not only because of the owners or IT department ignoring requests from us to correct the sites bugs, but members have also left because of photos being deleted by moderators. The worst being when a recent member posted a photo in memory of her mother passing away, yet it was taken down. Seriously? I'd leave aswell. So what if it was outside of the rules, it's her MOTHER! And even if the mods did reinstate the photo, the damage was already done. So to yr point...yes, it IS the IT department not fixing the bugs, but mods have played a significant role too. I just dont understand why we all cant get along, it shouldnt be this hard. Hoping for a better 2020.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:59 PM

macjake. I agree it would be great if we could all get along, and we Mods aren't perfect. We do make mistakes at times. But it's far from one sided. There are members of long standing who clearly believe the TOS of the site should apply to everybody apart from them. Some rules have been tightened up over the years, but the vast majority have been in place ever since I joined the site back in 2003. This group is really no different to any club in that when somebody joins they commit to abide by the rules. If they can't do that their will be falling outs and the group will not be the loser in the long run. TrekLens was created specifically as a home for images which do not fit the terms of TrekEarth but some refuse to post there, possibly because they don't rack up the points required to inflate their ego.
Just my opinion, and that hasn't changed from the days before I started to help out as a Mod.