To emka: stratford - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2019-10-03 1:33

Hello Gert, I like your English series very much. In the main picture, I like this scene with the woman with the kid and the kind of pram we do not see any more but I remember well. Maybe my favourite is the view of the street with the bobby, it could be the illustration of the novel with Miss Marple. I like half-timbered houses very much Interesting for me is that we can find them mainly in England, France and Germany and their style is different there. Another interesting thing is that you chose less known places for your visit. If I could go to England in 1966, my main choice would be Stratford upon Avon.

Kind regards Malgo

Old 10-03-2019, 11:12 AM
TE Expert

Default To emka: stratford

Thank you Malgo,
I passed through Stratford in 1964, when the husband of my mother's friend drove me to London from the north. But it was a Shakespeare year (400 years after his birth) and as far as I remember (no diary then!) the town was full of tourists and all parking space was taken, so he didn't want to stop. We "did" Oxford instead.
Kind regards,
Gert
Old 10-03-2019, 11:59 AM
TE Expert

Hi, It is just why I would like to go to Stratford. I remember the Shakespear year in 1964. As a gift after finishing secondary school and entering University, I have got the Complete Works in six volumes . I went to Stratford only in 2011. It was very crowded.
Have a nice day

MAlgo