The best site out there. - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-11-2005, 12:27 AM
TE Newbie

Default The best site out there.

I'd just like to say that this is by far the best photo hosting site I've come across. Allowing us to post 600x800 photos gives unparalleled viewing pleasure. I just have one question; I know it must take up huge amounts of bandwidth and storage, but why only one picture a day?
Old 03-11-2005, 01:29 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: The best site out there.

Hi dear Kevin!

Welcome to TE!

but why only one picture a day?
Maybe you are right,but just see quantity of members in TE,till now 12,774 members are here!!!
if only quarter of them,almost 3200 person do post their shots in TE,then think how can we see 3200 pic per day,with reading their note!
even,1000 post per day is not good for us,a lot of shots pass without comments and critiques,day by day,...not bad to see here,there are thousands shot without a comment,...ok!...now imagine,if we post 2 shots per days,then...woww,my god!!!:)))

Welcome,Kevin,and be patient and going on with one per day,after a few months I will ask you about your question today:))

Glad to see you

cheers!

Mohammad
Old 03-11-2005, 04:04 AM
TE Junior Member

hi kevin,
i agree w/ mohammad up there,
and i wanted to add: this is not just a photo storage site, it is meant to provide the opportunity to learn about the world and to learn photo skills in the process... or to learn photo skills and learn about the world in the process...
there are sites that are meant for people to be able to store their photos, i have a flickr.com account for example, and i never go see what else is there, i don't browse other member's photos... whenever i have the time to browse photos, guess where i come...
:) welcome to TE!!!
elena
Old 03-11-2005, 07:32 AM
TE Junior Member

There are sites out there specifically for photo storage such as www.pbase.com and www.deviantart.com. The later has more established community but they are mostly younger people experimenting with photography and their own styles. TE to me is probably the best resource on the internet for learning what works, what doesn't and learning new techniques and styles. TE is the only place I browse for photo and consistantly get good results. Plus it lets me see the parts of the world I havent been to yet. You can't beat that.

If you are looking for a photo storage site, I would highly recommend pbase.com. I have an account and it works very well and you can link to them once you pay $23 a year (200meg storage).
Old 03-11-2005, 01:22 PM

Besides all that have been said, which I agree, I must add that if you wish to upload good quality images, with meaningful notes one photo a day is more than enough! Believe me!

I understand your enthusiasm and that you wish to show your part of the world, but in fact there was in the past proposals to reduce the posting for one in two days due to the large amount of images uploaded everyday. Itís impossible nowadays to keep track of all photos and many donít get attention.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:02 PM
TE Newbie

I believe when this site was 1st set up the limit for number of pictures per day was 3, but over time and with the increase in number of people AND size of pictures that can be posted this limit was reduced. When I first started on here I wanted to post a lot more, but as Jose says - 1 a day is enough!

Adam's reason for restricting it to 3 was so people would be selective - now you have to be MORE selective, but the potential is still there to post 365 pics in a year! Multiply that by the number of people that post pictures to this site regularly and that amounts to a LOT of pictures... and more that are going to be missed when browsing through!
Old 03-12-2005, 12:17 AM
TE Newbie

It makes much more sense now. Thanks for the welcomes, and I hope to be here for a long while. I am also a member of www.dpchallenge.com If anyone is interested, they have challenges once a week, both for free members and paying members.

Kevin