Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 12-12-2007, 05:45 PM
TE Expert

Default See you soon my friends ...

Just like the name of my last photo … time has come to close the curtains.

I believe there’s no surprise in my decision … long goes the time where TE was on my top priorities … God knows how I loved the place … the people … the photos.

The true is I don’t reckon myself in Today’s TE anymore … my fault probably … To be honest I can’t even tell you why … the place grew too much; some of my all time favorites left and even those who remain are not half as active as they were in a recent past; the point discussion become too annoying; the overall quality of the photos is a lot weaker; the absence of a strong leadership … or simply because we are just moving in opposite directions … I’m focusing more and more in “photography” while TE is focusing more in “Learning about the world”

Don’t get me wrong … I’m not bashing the place that though me almost everything I know about photography. There’s still great members … great photos and most important great persons. But I don’t feel comfortable anymore … there’s no passion … so I’ve made my mind (and it was a though call believe me).

I’m not expecting your reaction … words of praise nor comeback requests … I’m writing this as a humble sign of respect for all of those who spent their time teaching me … advising me … helping me to be a better photographer … every single day.

TE played a major role in my life … it changed my life … I don’t know if it’s a definite goodbye from TE (never say never) but for now it’s time to move on…

But every end means a new beginning … the world is a small place … I’m sure we will meet again sooner or latter.

Best wishes for all of you,
You’re truly special,
Mário Lopes (Lisbon / Portugal)

PS:
I will leave online the series that changed me as a person and as a photographer … this is my humble contribution for the “Learning about the world through photography” underlying theme of TE.

You can always reach me via mail

mariolopes.photography@gmail.com
Old 12-12-2007, 06:42 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: See you soon my friends ...

Hey buddy, take care, and I'll see ya around perhaps. It's been great, but I certainly understand how you feel. Good luck with your photography.
Here’s wishing you Happy Holidays, and a great 2008!
Ate logo,
-Ryan
Old 12-12-2007, 09:18 PM
TE Expert

Take care Mario,

I followed you from far away and always enjoyed your posts. You are one of those who motivated me (without even knowing it) and I thank you for that.

We will miss you here, that's for sure.

Marc
Old 12-12-2007, 11:33 PM
TE Senior Member

Too bad. Good luck. And your reasons, I could have easily written the exact sentiments myself, and for those same reasons, have effectively left, though I may still come back. Enjoyed your photos, best wishes from San Francisco.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:54 AM
TE Senior Member

First, Mario, I'd like to say thank you for the help and critiques of my work you've done and your kindness to a newcomer. And second, I can sympathize with how you feel. There are days I think, "I can't LOOK at another photo, I can't TAKE another photo, I can't CRITIQUE another one, edit one..." and consider leaving. But there are SO many good people on this site - so many who have been kind, helpful, encouraging and have taught me so much about the craft of photography. I feel it owe it to those good people to do the same for other new people who are looking to improve and grow and do better pictures. So I will stay and try to pass on the kindness as those who have been so good to me have done. Things ebb and flow. Change is inevitable. Best wishes to you and should you decide to return I will be more than happy to see it. All the best,
Shelly
Old 12-14-2007, 06:28 AM
TE Senior Member

Default good luck

Mario,

Thanks for all your contributions here,
wish you all the best :)

David
Old 12-14-2007, 07:05 AM
TE Expert

That's a really bad news... And I'll me your notes and your sensibility.
Hope we'll meet again on the web or on the road...
Stéphane
Old 12-14-2007, 08:31 AM
TE Junior Member

Take care mate and enjoy your photography.Have a great year ahead.
Wishes from India,
Dhurjati