in-public - street photography - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-03-2005, 06:06 PM

Default in-public - street photography

here is a link to www.in-public.com

browse the images there, Matt Stuart and Trent Parke are there for example. looks like an interesting site...

--------------------------
iN-PUBLiC was set up in 2000 to provide a home for street photographers.

Our aim is to promote street photography and to continue to explore its possibilities. All the photographers featured here have been invited to show their work because they have the ability to see the unusual in the everyday and to capture the moment. The pictures remind us that, if we let it, over-familiarity can make us blind to what's really going on in the world around us.

Keep your eyes open next time you're in-public!
Old 11-04-2005, 12:21 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Great link

Great link Maciej.. straight to my favorites.. thanks.. Bala
Old 11-04-2005, 05:46 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Great link

I love street photography. So its in my favorites too. Man, youve posted some great links recently Maciek.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:03 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: in-public - street photography

had it bookmarked for a while but hadn't checked it recently. matt stuart's got some great images.

this weekend i'm inspired to go into the city and try and take some street shots!
Old 11-04-2005, 06:33 PM

Default street photography - interviews

I posted a link to interviews with street photographers yesterday in another discussion, but some of you maybe didn't see it, so here it is again - a really interesting reading

the interviews
Old 11-04-2005, 07:37 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: in-public - street photography

very nice link, Maciej
inspiring portfolios

btw I am curious whether in street photography, a model release, also required ?
I am beginning to like street photography, and sometimes I wonder whether is it ok to publish in the net even for photographic forums :-?
Old 11-14-2005, 08:53 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: street photography - interviews

Thanks, maciej.

Everytime i look at many links/sites, I realize there is some very good stuff....on TE. And this is not to diminush the work from the photographers on those sites, but to praise the good work many come up here. I read in a thread that "except 2 or 3, none of us are that good". I disagree totally with this idea, and especially with the word good, taken in that contest. Every committed photographer is a work in progress, in that sense that photography is more a journey than a suite of shots, due to haphazards circumstances, and we should and can really go beyond such judgemental adjectives as good, less good, bad or whatever, to define a body of work.

I think we talked about it before, thru a netzine medium, but whatever the shape, it would be nice to conduct interviews of TE members regularly.