To Royaldevon: frost - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2020-02-18 2:19

Hello Jorge,

There seem to be a lot of local tragedies with regard to farming (in all parts of the world). Perhaps we are putting a great strain on Nature by removing too many of the natural plants! It's a worry!

Anyway, yes, I can see where the plants have been blackened by the harsh frosts.
I have some plants in my greenhouse which cannot tolerate very cold weather. I have to cover them with cloth when frosts are forecast. Sadly, it would be difficult for farmers to cover huge areas, like this. Maybe straw would help!

Have a lovely day,
Bev :-)

Old 02-18-2020, 12:41 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: frost

bev

when coffee tree is very small (around 20 centimeters) they buried the plant in the soil. some farmers put fire in the old tires because smoke cover the plantation and avoid ice, but winds can remove that. I have a friend with a greenhouse for tomatoes and he put fire inside the greenhouses, all night long., but sometimes this doesn't works and he only lost his night.

take care

jorge