To Royaldevon: Cancelled show..... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2019-08-12 1:31

Hello John,

Yes, the rain has been a disaster for many festivals, this time of year!
You have done exceptionally well to have taken such clear, close-ups of the vehicles and their owners, in such dire conditions.
Though it may not have felt like fun, at the time, what you have recorded are three amazing records of the very wet conditions and how the people have responded to the conditions.
I just love these close-ups, detailed and very well composed.

My warm regards,
Bev :-)
It should have been our annual Agricultural Show, yesterday and for only the second time in its history, it had to be cancelled. After several continuous days of rain, the fields were so waterlogged that even vans needed to be towed from the field. Large wagons, heavy with animals, hadn't a chance!

Old 08-12-2019, 11:48 AM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: Cancelled show.....

Hello Bev,

So sorry to hear that your own agricultural show had to be cancelled - but I'm really not surprised if the weather was as wet as it was here yesterday.

I swithered about taking my old car to the Biggar car show but I did: the rain was dreadful and, after driving through a few quite deep puddles on the way, water got into my brakes and they became even less efficient than they normally are - so I had to drive very slowly and carefully! But it was a shame for the organisers because a lot of the exhibits didn't arrive and attendance by the public was way down compared with normal years as the weather is usually very good.

Thank you for your kind words.

Best Wishes,

John.