To magalik: Buongiorno! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great magalik 2011-03-09 12:23

Hi Biswaroop,

How are you ?
Under normal circumstances, I don't like very much b&w for landscapes, nature is so nice, unless there is a stong graphism.
But here, even if there isn't a strong graphism, I like your b&w shot and I think I prefer it to the color version. On the other hand, there is a detail I hadn't noticed on the b&w shot, it's the woman on the right. The b&w often allows to see details that colors don't allow to see but here it's the opposite. The bench doesn't have either as much impact. What we notice here above all are the reflections and the light which gives nice soft grey tones to your shot. I like it. I like your frame also, a Biswaroop frame, elegant.
Have a nice end of week.
Cheers

Magali

Old 03-10-2011, 04:39 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To magalik: Buongiorno!

Dear Magali!

I'm doing all right - if I had less coursework at Berkeley, I'd be on TE more often. I agree - usually I dont like bw for landscape shots. Now that you've pointed out both the woman and the bench, I'm beginning to lean towards the color version again. The depth really stands out - the color version looks 3D, while this looks flat. I suppose I wanted to emphasize the reflections more than the ambience (which I've photographed many times).

I wonder why the color version adds depth - well, it's probably what you said. We recognize the color elements like the bench and the woman, and begin adding a sense of scale of our own.

Thanks about the frame I try to keep as much as possible consistent through the uploads. Hopefully, I'll have more time.

Enjoy!
Biswaroop