To bmukherjee: thx Biswaroop - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great bmukherjee 2011-07-03 12:45

Dear Magali!

Another exquisite photograph from you! The cat staring at the camera is very well timed!! Most people would have converted this to black and white - but in retaining the color, you've created an unsaturated yet colored scene.

It seems like greece is marvelous for such compositions - I only wish the rest of the world designed houses and alleys comme ca!! Although, some cities in Rajasthan, Inde are painted white and blue... Steve McCurry knows about that :)

What catches my eye in particular are the door handle to the right and the peculiar shadow to the left of the cat on the steps. It looks as if there is a ghost of a second cat, lurking beside the other one. I wonder what that is...

Keep all the fantastic photos coming - you know you should really promote your pictures. They're all great.

Cheers!
Biswaroop

Old 07-03-2011, 08:30 PM
TE Expert

Default To bmukherjee: thx Biswaroop

Thank you very much Biswaroop.
You make me turning red. You're always very nice with me and very encouraging. But when I look at the shots on this site, I feel very small. It's another world. Never tried to promote my shots, I take them only for my pleasure. I would have dreamed to be a photographic reporter and particularly a war photographer but it will remain only a dream. Surprising when looking at my esthetic shots no ?
It's true that it's pleasant to walk in white cities like greek ones but it requires also much maintenance. Imagine if you had to wash the walls of your house everyday !
Funny the detail you noticed in my shot, you're the first one having noticed it. You really well looked at all. I look at my others shots to try to know what is the origin of the shadow but don't succeeded. Probably the shadow of a street lamp.
I wanted to take a shot of a shadow of a cat on a wall, it was my obsession on this island and succeeded to get one but I haven't the head of the cat...
Hope you're fine. Have a good week.
And thank you very much for your comments always relevant, interesting and nice.
Cheers.

Magali

PS : what is the origin of your first name ? Never heard this first name before.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:00 AM
TE Junior Member

Ah... yes good point about the maintenance.... it's really worth it though

And about my name... it comes from the sanskrit "vishwaroopa" which means the form/beauty of the universe. It is indeed really uncommon... My last name is far more common - it means the 'head teacher' or principal. Our family was always in priesthood and academics.

Cheers,
Biswaroop