view counters - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-24-2020, 03:22 PM
TE Newbie

Default view counters

hello I would like to ask why there is not view counting anymore, I mean ,it is not possible to see how many time a photos been viewed, I thought it was something temporary but now it is already a couple of months or even more...
anyone can answer me thanks
Federico
Old 04-01-2020, 12:18 AM
TE Junior Member

Federico,
I noticed the same thing but thought it was because I hadn't posted for some time. Hopefully the site's tech wizards will notice and resolve the issue soon.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:29 PM
TE Senior Member

Default View counters

Hello Federico and Mark,

In a previous thread about this same subject, we found out that the counters can not be fixed. Here's the quote from IBJoel:

"Also, I have an update on the visitor counter: Essentially, fixing it requires a site update. However, such an update would break pretty much every other part of the site. So it's a choice of losing the visitor count or most other functions. And I think you would all agree that it's better to have a site that serves its main purpose of photography and criticism than one that does not."

Just FYI...

Regards,
Brenda
Old 04-02-2020, 08:49 PM

Sadly, I think it's fair to assume that no problems with the site will be fixed now or in the future. Personal opinion, nothing to do with being a moderator on the site.