Improvement proposal for TE forum functionality - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-05-2007, 01:25 PM
TE Newbie

Default Improvement proposal for TE forum functionality

Many people, including me, love TE so much that we are not only happy about TE, but we also think about how it could be even better. Threads about how to improve mess with locations and camera/lenses database show up every now and then in the “general” category of forum threads - as well as ideas on how to improve the points system, how to filter out photos not best suitable to TE, etc.

I think with good forum ideas it is right now a bit similar to what happens with many good photos – the new ones come along and many good ideas/photos don’t get the attention they deserve.

1) I would suggest there should be a separate forum thread group concentrating on ideas of how to improve TE functionality. Right now the forum thread list is already so long that for new users it is not thinkable to read everything from the start (also many things have changed since). So what happens is they post a new thread – and then older members say, it has been already discussed here previously. But many ideas that I believe deserve to become realized die with being once discussed.

2) Perhaps with forum ideas it would be useful to have a similar system we have with notes/critiques/workshops - other users can rate how useful they find the posting. So if I agree with someone’s idea in the forum, instead of posting a forum reply "good idea" I could give the idea 2 points. That way Adam would also get the idea about what ideas are popular.

As you see, I haven’t thought it all through and the idea is quite raw, but I would like to invite you to think along and I would also like to know what Adam thinks of it.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:39 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Improvement proposal for TE forum functionality

I get the feeling Adam doesn't have the time to constantly update the site with new features.

I'm happy with the way the site runs at the moment anyway, sure theres some minor features that could be added, but on the whole its all I need in a photosharing site.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:42 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Improvement proposal for TE forum functionality

'Improvement proposal for TE forum functionality'

That was a bit of a mouthful. It took me a couple of attempts to read it!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:55 PM
TE Senior Member

Default it's up to adam

I think the first question is IF Adam wants to change anything.
If so, (and if you read this adam) maybe there should be an announcement asking for suggestions.

I would prefer subdivisions about
1) smilies (or points as everyone calles them);
2) technical problems and
3) one where you can suggest changes in the citynames, countryparts etc. I have a feeling that a lot of people have an idea of how to improve TE on this last aspect.

Adam; IF you change anything, be carefull with the type of forumsoftware. 'phpBB' for instance atracks a lot of spybots.