To mrcrow: Candid and dark - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mrcrow 2006-12-16 3:34

an absorbing shot as well..we wonder what he could possibly be thinking...'should i play an F# or a Gb in this next chorus..
good and solid candid ..we see the person and what they are doing and no distracting background..could be lighter and i see its been sharpened to maximum
cheers
geof

Old 12-16-2006, 10:51 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To mrcrow: Candid and dark

Thanks Geof for your critique. The picture was not so candid: infact I asked him if I could to photograph him while he was playing. The dark is becoming a problem for me. When I prepare the photo on my home computer it appear bright while if I see the same photo, for example, in my office computer it appears dark. In these conditions I never know how the pictute will appear on other members' monitor.
Regards
Gae
Old 12-16-2006, 09:49 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To mrcrow: Candid and dark

hi gae
you hit the nail right on the head...i have seen my home edited pictures on our office pc with a flat screen and they look oversharpened
this must be a problem for all of us...
this is how i tackled it to set my mind at rest...download a picture from the internet which is bound to be exposed well and sharp...
whichever monitor it appears on as being acceptable is the one to use for your editing...its a bit of guesswork i admit but sounds logical...also as a check download the same pic on another monitor..pc etc..and see if it also is as dark as your shots...or lighter or whatever...
in effect i am using the downloaded image as a benchmark..
i am going to google a bit to see if there is a test card available for downloading..for colour and black to white..sharpness and contrast..like the ones they did for tv programmes so one could set up the tv screen...the old days..
more later
and thanks
geof
Old 12-16-2006, 09:51 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To mrcrow: Candid and dark

http://www.meldrum.co.uk/mhp/testcard/bbc_test.html

test cards for tv..some look a bit weary...dohhh