Leaving the site - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 12:14 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Leaving the site

After reading that Diane, Marine, Marie and Karine were planning to leave the site, I wrote a message in the thread expressing my support to those fine ladies and great photographers. The thread was immediately "moved" by the moderators. And not just that, they "alterated" my critique in one of Karine's photos (who gave you this kind of "Authority", guys?).

This kind of cencorship can't be tolerated, so I 'm leaving the site, permanently!
I will not delete my account as a sign of respect to all of you that wasted some of your precious time, to write a critique or a comment, and also for my "wasted" time, trying to write informative (hopefully) notes.

I had a great time here for 4 1/2 years, but not anymore.

I wish all the best to the dear members, take care of yourselves, keep on being creative!

So long folks,
Hercules
Old 11-13-2010, 01:24 PM
TE Senior Member

Default response

in protest I deleted all my photos except for one, is that radical action was needed.
D
Old 11-13-2010, 02:37 PM
TE Expert

Default whats the point..

that was not required, didier, who loses at the end ? us the members who have taken each photo at a time, each day, spent time and effort and emotion to be part of the journey, youve just undone it all..your way of getting back at the moderators..??? DO YOU THINK IT WAS WORTH IT..??

To all who are affected, QUIT BUT DON'T BE SELF DESTRUCTIVE....There is no need to delete your galleries !!!

sayeed....sick to the throat...all of TE is a mess..

Last edited by sayeed_rahman; 11-13-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:43 PM
TE Expert

Default Hi Hercules

The right of expression and our right and I agree with you, the moderators should not have deleted your message of support from our friends.
I feel sad for you left the TE you are a great photographer, who stands to lose with this is the TE quality that loses .

Gonçalo
Old 11-13-2010, 03:46 PM
TE Senior Member

trekearth.com/gallery/photo1255472.htm about how communication on TE is locked

Last edited by Moderator; 11-13-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:29 PM
TE Senior Member

Default I'm with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayeed_rahman View Post
that was not required, didier, who loses at the end ? us the members who have taken each photo at a time, each day, spent time and effort and emotion to be part of the journey, youve just undone it all..your way of getting back at the moderators..??? DO YOU THINK IT WAS WORTH IT..??
To all who are affected
, QUIT BUT DON'T SELF DESTRUCTIVE

THERE IS NO NEED TO DELETE YOUR GALLERIES..

sayeed..sick to the throat...all of TE is a mess..
I agree with Sayeed: Deleting galleries is like the death penalty, no one wins and there's no turning back
Old 11-13-2010, 05:44 PM
TE Junior Member

Default TE this days

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayeed_rahman View Post

To all who are affected, QUIT BUT DON'T BE SELF DESTRUCTIVE....There is no need to delete your galleries !!!

sayeed....sick to the throat...all of TE is a mess..
Sayeed maybe this was not required but did you know that these Gentlemen deleted me this day:

1 thread
1 photo
2 critiques

Was this necessary? what is this ? this all in 1 hour but now I'm waiting all day for their reply...
Do you have a name for this moderators attitude???

If until tomorrow I don't have an answer / explanation I will take the others attitude because they will note have my photos in exhibition here and mistreat us like they are doing.

We don't need this site for nothing like it's actually behaving on FB we actually can communicate online....

Now maybe they will put me aside too but this doesn't worry me at all.

Paulo
Old 11-13-2010, 06:01 PM
TE Junior Member

Default What more..to hold on..

I just now returned from a 5 day trip from puskar fair and opened the site to see the recent activities. I was very happy initially with the thought of sharing some nice pictures with my friends. But after reading it all and after seeing all what has happened I feel depressed and frustrated. I have no more words to share now except I sense Monarchy, Feudalism and lack of freedom and thoughts to share.

-Tushar
Old 11-14-2010, 05:53 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Rememberance Day

To All TE Friends.

Today is Rememberance Day- a 2 minutes silence was held at 11 am in remberance of all the fallen heroes in wars. These wars often caused by oppression or hot headed authority.

Early today I posted a photo in rememberance of this day and at the same time withdrew my support for TE. Not only in support against the "authority" of this site, but also for our "fallen" members who have left this site.. My comments were immediatley "edited" with only the "good"`points left in the critique.

This is suppression of Freedom of Speech- THIS IS WRONG - especially coming from a country with the "greatest" democracy.

I therefore have left this site and will no longer be posting on the site.

Like others I would like to thank all those who have taken the time to comment, critique and do WS on my images - I have learnt so much in this last year. Your contribution has been invaluable in the improvement in my new passion.

I would also like to thank all my friends who I have made all over the world- reaching countries I would never have crossed paths with in the past..

I wish you all well, no matter your decision- MINE HAS BEEN MADE FOR THE SUPRESSION OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH..

All the Best

Rich
Closed Thread