Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delpeoples 2016-07-23 20:34

Hi Fred

How fortunate to have a lighthouse built in your memory. Some people get the Taj Mahal, others lighthouses. Others, outback dunnies. It's a strange world. You captured a beautiful golden light here, I love the way it illuminates the tree trunks and the stonework on the lighthouse. You composed the shot really well, with the trees on the right nicely balancing out the lighthouse on the other side of the frame. Perfectly sharp and exposed. Excellent work.

Thanks for your comment on my whale shark photo. When you said it's your secret interest, did you mean diving or sharks? I suppose the two go hand in hand. Sharks are such beautiful creatures. Later in the day on this dive on Ningaloo I saw a 12 metre Tiger Shark, set a world freestyle record getting back to the boat and needed a new set of swimming togs. You can see a photo of it circling the boat in my other photo of whale shark here :)

http://www.trekearth.com/workshops/1499422/photo206934.htm

Cheers and have a good weekend
Lisa

Old 07-29-2016, 06:11 PM
TE Newbie

Default To delpeoples: Hi ya Lisa

Not the diving but Sharks in general. It's more like a terrified love that I've had from a young age.
I would love to dive with them but would have the same reaction to a 12 metre Tiger. Had a look & wow, no wonder there's a new freestyle record.......
Old 07-30-2016, 01:04 AM
TE Expert

Smile Shark

Hi Fred

I understand the fascination. They're amazing creatures. Perfect hunting machines. Sadly here in some states they're being culled after some fatal shark attacks. My view is that culling does nothing and doesn't respect the fact that we're intruding into their space.

Here's some great footage of an underwater photographer in Hawaii. He usually shoots shore breaking waves in waist-deep water. This is what he got: https://instagram.com/p/BIdaQkyA5F8/.

Cheers and happy weekend
Lisa