Notices

Old 12-17-2016, 06:11 AM
TE Junior Member

Angry Water droplets, flowers and toothbrushes

As the purpose of TrekEarth is to learn about the
world through photography...
shots of common objects (like closeups of any
flowers or plants, water droplets, toothbrushes

What is the connection between flowers, water droplets and toothbrushes ?
Water and flowers is an important part of this world. Photos showing what is happening when a drop of water fall into water is realle beautyful and teach us about this world. The same with flowers. A closeup of a toothbrush is useless except for adverising.
I like to share my photos on TE but the way these rules are used I m not sure if I want my photos there.

Keshav
Old 12-17-2016, 07:15 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

Hi Keshav,

This rules were written when TE started, about 14 years ago. For other kind of photography you should try TrekLens.

Viviane
Moderator TE

Last edited by Porteplume; 12-17-2016 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:13 AM
TE Junior Member

Question About rules

A stupid and useless rule made 14 years ago is still stupid and useless and rules can always be changed specially if its not of any use.
Photos of flowers and waterdroplets CAN tell something about this world, photos of toothbrushes can NOT.
Toothbrushes ARE houshold items, flowers and waterdroplets ARE NOT, if you disagree, what are you using water droplets and flower for in your house??
The question here is very simple, are Trekearths rules rigid or not ?

Keshav
Old 09-09-2017, 10:51 AM

We do our best to apply the rules of the site consistently. Whether people like the rules or not is another question completely, but by joining they have agreed to abide by them.
It can't be too much of an issue as it has taken 9 months to respond to Porteplume's explanation.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:05 PM
TE Junior Member

Thumbs down

IT IS NOT if people like the rules or not but if they find them reasonable or not and that is not the same thing. But again it seems that there is little use in writing anything in here, I have the feeling of communicating with a computer program and not a very advanced one.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:19 PM
TE Junior Member

Talking to reply

As the purpose of TrekEarth is to learn about the
world through photography...
shots of common objects (like closeups of any
flowers or plants, water droplets, toothbrushes.

How about common objects like trees, houses, roads, cars, people, birds, mountains, rivers. They are also common objects. :

How many people have been posting photo of their toothbrush. :
Old 09-24-2017, 04:42 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Flowers

Keith.
It can't be too much of an issue as it has taken 9 months to respond to Porteplume's explanation.

Here you are right. TE is not one of my main places to post my photos, and it will not be as long as you are not willing to change rules like that I write about here, or at least read comment and use common sense. Billy photo comment said THIS IS NOT A DOMISTICATED CAT. I was explaining that the cats, 2 kitten and mother was taking shelter under our terrace because of the monsoon. I came close to this cat once and he bite my finger, and that was not a bite of a domesticated cat.
The whole reason I write anything here is that I want TE to be a better site with many active members. Now members are leaving and the real active ones are few. I have read several complains from others and Im sure many members agrees but dont write anything in forum. I have seen that in here that it was 1 to 3 active members online. That should make you worried. And then you would try to make the change to make the site more attractive because the site needs photographers many photographers. That should be more important than to keep rigid rules just because they were made when TE was new 14 years ago.
Keshav

PS Now it is 30 active on the site 1 member and 30 guests and this is a global site

Last edited by keshavn; 09-24-2017 at 04:50 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:05 PM

None of us are happy with the current situation regarding membership of the site. That doesn't give members carte blanche to ignore the rules though.
I believe the 'cat' picture to which you refer was reinstated. The situation wasn't helped by the problems both with members putting in Review Requests, and those requests not being visible to the Mods for many days after they are made.
With great respect, anybody can put any note they wish on a photo in an attempt to get round the rules. I am not suggesting there was anything untoward in the note in this instance, but Mods do have to consider images which MAY be breaking the rules. If we left images visible during that time more critiques may be received and that effort would be wasted should a decision be made that the image did indeed break the rules. It's a difficult balance to make.