Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2018-07-19 3:25

Ha! Ha! Chris, this is certainly a photograph worth posting to demonstrate how smokers are being edged out, with an emphasis that this pastime is not now PC. I would imagine that the picture of the lady smoker is sufficient incentive to stop people smoking forever. The message is not really your concern, just a fine, sharp, colourful photograph for us to make our own judgements!

Have a lovely day,
Bev :-)
p.s. Where are you stationed now? Are you still teaching ESL or have you returned home?

Old 07-19-2018, 11:37 AM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: Australia

Hi Bev

I left Europe in July last year and have been back in Brisbane ever since. Not keen on teaching in Turkey at the moment until things settle down, but they seem to be lurching backwards, not forwards. A woman blew her self up just 50 metres from the head office of the language school I used to work for, killing several innocent passers by. A bit too close for comfort. Romania has a 60 days notice in advance before you can start work there. England believe it or not, is not that welcoming of Australians any more. They are now very strict on having a work visa before you set foot in the country. Czech Republic I got told to go to Bratislava. Only Schengen nationals can get a visa in Brno. When I got to Slovakia they told me there was a 3 month waiting list for Syrian and Middle eastern applicants, try Vienna. I rang Vienna and they said they had a 1 month backlog, try Berlin. At this point I gave up trying to get a work visa and went on a Balkans, Egypt, Jordan, Crete Greece, Italy, Slovenia, Austria, Hungary, Romania holiday instead. I had to leave Romania as I was a bit over my 90 days.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:48 PM
TE Expert

Talking Travelling

Thanks Chris, you are a bit of a travel-aholic!
I didn't realise there was such a problem getting into the U.K.
It's ridiculous!
Some politicians spread an atmosphere of fear about refugees taking nationals' jobs and threatening to make the country unstable with threats from religious zealots! Every country needs the skills and determination of citizens from other countries! Our Health Service and farming industry will collapse without the input of foreign workers!

Oh, what has happened to world! The national leaders seem hell bent on intimidating each other!

Have a good day,
Bev