To kensimage: Routine - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kensimage 2008-09-02 20:30

Hi Alvin, welcome back! You're picking right up where you left off, with a really pleasing landscape. Everything from the foreground logs (which with the green hill and its reflection form a nice "Z") to the glint of golden light on the distant cliff fits together really nicely.

"A bit too routine"? I don't understand--you're still shooting the same general style which you have perfected so well, so apparently it doesn't bore you--which it shouldn't, of course, but it's not necessarily a rational matter.

Regards, Ken.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:20 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To kensimage: Routine

Hi Ken, it's good to hear from you and to see that you are still active here. Thanks for actually reading my comments too (sometimes I wonder how many people take the time to read what we write - doesn't seem like many). What I meant by "a bit too routine" was the critiquing part of TE. I felt that I was just repeating myself a lot and not really saying anything new. Also, I felt that it was becoming more of an obligation than a joy as it had been in the beginning. I was just writing critiques in order to respond to my friends or keep in touch with people instead of because I wanted to say anything about the photo. Now I hope to bring a fresher attitude to my comments. I will probably post fewer photos and write fewer critiques than before, but I hope both will be of higher quality.

As far as my photos go, there will always be a lot of landscape shots, because that's what I like best, but I hope they are getting better and better!