To VeeJayCee: crop ... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

VeeJayCee 2007-09-30 8:50

Hi John. The colours, contrast and exposure here are super. The softened water for movement effect is perfect. The composition is also good except that it leaves me wanting to see more of both the trees and the waterfall. May I suggest taking a couple of paces back and using the vertical format to include the same width view as here but extending the view upwards and down. Super pic even so and as always excellent notes.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:56 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To VeeJayCee: crop ...

Well .. I am hiding my and the places faults .. and it is funny I cropped this tighter as a reaction to the previous post which I posted then cropped tighter and liked the tighter crop that I didn't post .. but back to this image ..
It was raining on and off .. and I ended up with a grey sky that I managed to burn out (see previous post) .. I cropped away the trees on the right edge .. since some horrid people had carved a ton of graffiti into them .. so I didn't need to step back .. just fix my exposure and get rid of the stupid people .. and well I am standing on a small bridge .. so there was no back to step without falling into the creek ... but I do have some wider and even vertical views .. I was originally planning on stitching some vertical strips into a panoramic .. but the sky, the rain, and the graffiti put a damper on my plans.

thank you so much .. I really value your thoughts..

John
Old 09-30-2007, 10:20 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To VeeJayCee: crop ...

I guessed there was a reason for this particuar crop. I myself have been advised to take a step ot two to the left when standing on the edge of a 300 ft precipice. LOL. Actualy I think the rainy overcast - in spite of forcing you to crop sky areas - has given this a wonderful soft light with just enough shadow for modelling and beautifully subtle colours. I think it's one of your best John and certainly one I wish I'd taken. I wish you good light.