Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

delic 2007-09-25 14:32

Well, I guess graveyard photos do not get much attention on TE. Anyway, the abbey in the back does not seem to be the point of focus here. I like the off-center cross in the foreground. Would consider moving a bit closer, perhaps with a wider angle lens, for a possibly more dramatic composition. The green carpet is very attractive, but it does look as if the color is boosted. Then again, may be not. Regards,
Hakan

Old 09-25-2007, 10:40 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To delic: Thanks Hakan

The green is natural, this is a wet county (it's a wet country too!) and the grass as you can see is newly cut. I did use colour control points in Nikon NX to lighten the near side of the trees which were in deep shadow. I rested my lens on a picket fence which surrounded the Abbey and this prevented me from moving away further to include more and you are right that a wide angle lens would be best here. I'm saving up for one - all contributions are greatfully recieved.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:23 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To delic: Thanks Hakan

Ah, it all makes perfect sense now. I use NX too, and the color control points are invaluable. Only problem is that NX crashes every now and then. I'm glad that the color is natural. That green looks very very nice.
Best wishes,
Hakan
Old 09-26-2007, 06:45 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To delic: Thanks Hakan

I've had no problem with NX since updating to version 1 : 2.
Have you downloaded the new Nikon NView and Nikon Transfer which together are much better than Picture Project which they replace.