Workshops - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-06-2006, 07:12 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Workshops

I went through the workshops sections, and I have noticed that many of them didn't get ANY response - not even from the WS reciever.

Hey, guys, workshop are very important in this site. Helping other mempers to improve their work is a nice thing to do, and also recievinig WS is fun - I always learn new things and new approaches when I get one.

So please, if you recieve a WS, please responed - usefull, not usefull, or any other comment. Someone spent some time for you..

Itzik
Old 06-06-2006, 07:22 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Workshops

Yep,

I think you are quite right about the workshops section. I tried to post a few but I have given up for a while. I am not so good at doing them so, I guess my workshops were not worth a comment or a useful point, but sometimes workshops made by post-processing masters of TE are really useful and give the chance to learn something.

I should take a look more often to them, by the way :)

Izo
Old 06-06-2006, 03:35 PM
TE Newbie

Its is very difficlt to understand how to create a workshop. This info should be made very explicit.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:00 PM
TE Expert

Gary, everything you need to know to browse in the site is available at the entry "About", right there on the top right of the page.
Take your time to read it, if you can, and you´ll see how user friendly this site is.

Open any image and you´ll see on the left some options "Post to Workshop > Add to Theme > Add to Hunt > Report Problem".
First you save the image you want to change. After having made the changes, you pick the option "post to workshop". the site will guide you.

Hope it helps.
Cheers,
ISabel
Old 06-06-2006, 04:30 PM
TE Newbie

OK, I see. Thanks!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:28 PM
TE Expert

good point, I have learnt plenty from workshops, and if someone puts an effort I think it would be nice to at least acknowledge that.
Peter
Old 06-06-2006, 07:34 PM
TE Expert

I totally agree with Yitzhak and Peter.
even if the photographer disagrees with the ws, it´s also interesting and useful to know the reasons.
Isabel
Old 06-06-2006, 08:20 PM
TE Expert

interesting, I quickly went through the most active members and compared the WS they have made and resorted them along the number of WS for the first 20:

Didi 842
avigur_11 480
ChrisJ 474
Rockyboy 375
oochappan 366
PixelTerror 365
Jeppe 360
Paolo 360
papagolf21 350
Georges 335
Ebbe 321
Porteplume 276
joseelias 269
Galmeida 258
feather 250
Fixfocus 229
coco 211
nwoehnl 201
jrj 198

of course some WS are used as an enlargement or alternative of the post ......
Old 06-06-2006, 08:43 PM
TE Expert

Je suis entièrement d'accord avec Ytzi; personnellement cela me plait d'effectuer des WS dans le but de partager mes idées avec les photographes chevronés et de donner un coup de pouce aux débutants.
Cependant une minorité ignorent totalement le travail effectué et ce serait intéressant de connaitre leur avis qu'ils soient d'accord ou pas.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:18 PM
TE Junior Member

I've done a bunch of workshops, and usually add a note at the end saying something along the lines of 'please let me know what you think'. I've just checked and I've done 33 (I've been on this site for just over a month), and I think I've actually gotten 2 direct replies. It would be nice to receive a reply that even says, "this sucks!". I just figured that most ppl didn't like their pictures being edited etc. It would be nice to get some feedback though, either positive, neutral, or negative...

Jas