Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Fly 2006-04-23 13:35

A fine grouping of architectural expression over many years, Richard. One's eye is also immediately drawn to the small splash of colour of the Canadian flag amidst the expanse of grey tones. I spent a few days in old Montreal a few years ago and your picture brings back fond memories. For this you get my "smile".

The shadow on the facade of the building in the foreground detracts somewhat from the overall image, but I imagine the only way of avoiding that would be to have taken the picture at a different time in the day. Did you take this picture late in the day or perhaps early morning?

I look forward to seeing more pictures of Montreal - the city offers a wealth of photographic opportunities!

Last but not least - welcome to TE. This is an amazing site and you will make good friends here.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:08 AM
TE Newbie

Default To Fly: Old Montreal

JP,

Many thanks for your constructive comments and your welcome note. I am quite excited about this website and I am indeed looking forward to making new friends. I agree with you that the shadow is distracting. I took the photo in late afternoon. Doubtless I will have the opportunity to take this shot again at a better time and will think of your input when I do !
Thanks again. Richard