To macjake: weather - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2019-11-27 4:45

Hi Mariusz
ok...looking at this style of architecture, i would NEVER have guessed its located in Florida! How would anyone even classify this style, what is it called? Its new to me, and i'm leaning toward feeling its pretty darn ugly! But having said that, its the same reason why its so interesting to view. I'd like to know more about why leaving California was your biggest regret, sounds like an interesting story there! cheers
Craig

Old 11-27-2019, 01:02 PM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: weather

Hi Craig,
it is quite simple actually. I am very much weather sensitive and California was perfect for me. LA had the best combination of climate, places to relax, culture, proximity to spectacular places to visit. Some places in Europe may pretend to have it but then they have huge unemployment. California has jobs, English language, people are very friendly to foreigners. I like very much also American freedom, you can dress as you like or do what you like but you are not judged. I liked American approach to life, for example make streets bigger so they are easier to drive and not smaller for "traffic calming purposes", or use automatic transmission because it is convenient. The American movies do not have to end in total disaster and everybody dying like in European ones. Better job means better paid job and not more work to do but for the same money ("ambitious"). Education is valued, salaries for scientists on average twice higher than in the UK.
But mainly, again the weather!
Kind regards,
M