Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2014-07-08 9:21

Hi Andrew, How nice , first of all thank you very much for a dedication. I am glad that on this occasion you show us nice photos with the poignant story related to it. It has not changed so much. I wonder what was on the corner, maybe cinema? In Warsaw many cinemas were converted into shops or demolished, hiving place for modern multiplexes, with popcorn. So I almost do not go to the cinema.
As to my idea, I used it already on TE. Maybe you will be interested in the photos titled 26 years later here. They were also very personal to me, like yours here. And when my son was in Vienna with his daughter he asked me to send him the photo from 1979, he wanted the same shot with his daughter as I had with him as kid.
Warm regrads Malgo

Old 07-08-2014, 06:43 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To emka: 26 years later

These are wonderful, Malgo! And a personal story along with them, quite similar in fact to my own. This series was well before my time on TE so I'm glad you linked to them allowing me to have a look. Thank you for showing how much Poland has changed - and not changed - since that horrible day in 1981. A really important piece of photojournalism there, worthy of publication I think.

Best,
Andrew