To kLe: Thai Boxing - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kLe 2011-04-30 23:42

C'est une très bonne photo, expressive, dramatique, émouvante... C'est très réaliste pour croire que s'agit d'une fausse pose. Ce petit a dû participer aux combats.
Et ça, c'est ce qui me soucie. Je n'aime pas le boxe et je pense qu'il devrait être absolutement interdit à des enfants.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:11 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To kLe: Thai Boxing

Hi Clemente. I was interested in your comment on boxing I must say that it is not something that i could enjoy, either (no more than bull fighting). However, Thai boxing is deep in the culture of rural Thailand. Thai boxing, is unquestionably violent and people are often hurt. However Thai boxing (Muay Thai) is a little different from Western boxing, it is less massive, less brutal, because it stresses agility and movement, rather than bruit force. Thai boxers don't have the massiveness of Western boxers. They have bodies more like dancers, lithe, supple and agile, stressing skill in movement.

That said, I agree with you and would not like to watch or support boxing as a sport. As for children, I too was shocked that young children can take part. The Western habit of forbidding and controlling so many things has not yet come to Asia, I think.
, and things are not forbidden even if many people disapprove. I have to say I am more comfortable with Asian ‘lesser faire’ attitudes. Even if people do things that I really don’t approve of, I value their freedom to do as they chose.
I think the sport of boxing had its origins in military training, and training for war does not appeal to me either.

Thanks for an interesting comment.
Regards
Kevin