The TrekEarth Forums - View Single Post - To stevesaba: San Miguel
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 06:31 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Thanks Clark

Thanks for the message Clark! You know, as I recall I think it was my Mom that reccomended I go to San Miguel. I was only 19 when I headed out to visit Mexico, and spent about 3 months travelling throughout the country. Funny thing is I am pretty sure I didn't spend more than about 400 dollars....I know that is hard to believe. I remember staying in hotels that were somewhere in the range of $2-$4 dollars....old, but clean. As I am sure you know, San Miguel was even back then known as more of an "Artist's" colony than an actual tourist stop. But many of these artists were in fact expats from America and Canada. Good to hear it isn't too crazy price-wise now. I actually had quite a longer stay with my sister who was living there in 1981 and then in 1993 I was with my music partner and his family and we ended up playing music in two different venues.....sort of like the Mexicans, playing table to table, but singing mostly in English of course...sigh. You know, one thing that really stands out for me after all these years is the amazingly beautiful architecture and the lovely ambience of both San Miguel and Guanajuato! Keep up the great work, Clark, cheers,
Steve

Last edited by stevesaba; 10-07-2011 at 12:37 PM.