The TrekEarth Forums - View Single Post - my portfolio for the VII contest
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 06:37 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: my portfolio for the VII contest

I would consider taking out the "Piss and Curry" shot... nothing to do with politically correctness... it's just not as strong as your other photos... and your portfolio is only as strong as your weakest photo.

I would also consider not labeling the photos with titles... it might be how it is done on TE, but not in the real world. And really think about the sequence of the photos. you have 2 photos in a row of kissing. Even though that picture package is only 4 images, you should try and give them some space.

This next comment goes for all 5 of your packages. The photos are all pretty diverse, although there is some content repetition. However, what is the same in all of the packages is the view and distance. All the photos, perhaps with the exception of one, aere medium photos... no real close ups and no photos that give the viewer a sense of place, no establishing shots that let the viewer know what the place looks like. Take the Social club for instance, I have no idea what the place looks like, outside or inside. This is something to keep in mind when you are doing projects.