View Single Post
Old 01-11-2003, 09:36 AM
TE Expert

Default New Travelogue Area

A new Travelogue area has been implemented, replacing the previous Trips section.

Some of the new changes and features:

1. Travelogue tab located in Gallery and member's area.
2. In addition to the trip summary, there is now a story area to write longer travelogues (maximum of 10,000 characters ~around 3 pages).
3. Management of Travelogues/Trips now takes place in the 'Manage' tab in each member's 'My Account' area.
4. A 'Publish' feature allows travelogues to be "published" by members. If a travelogue is not "published", it is not viewable on TrekEarth outside of the member's Travelogue management area. This allows one to add content over time and store changes/drafts on their TrekEarth account. When the travelogue story has been completely written, a member may "publish" it so everyone may read and view it. Note that travelogue photos are always viewable.

I believe this "Publish" feature will be useful for those traveling and who might want to add notes, anecdotes or draft stories privately, and publish it another time.

Please let me know if you find any problems or have suggestions on how to improve this new Travelogue feature. Thanks.