The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Photo Viewer Widget Available (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472182)

ibkevin 08-06-2007 10:50 PM

New Photo Viewer Widget Available

The Photo Viewer Widget is a way to share your TE photos with visitors on other websites. Creating a Photo Viewer Widget is as easy as creating a theme.

1. Create a theme. ('My Account' -> 'Manage' -> 'My Themes' -> 'Create Theme')
* Note: Make sure it's a 'Personal' theme, and Photo Viewer option is 'Enabled'.
2. Add (your own) photos to theme.
* Note: Viewer can not be enabled for themes containing other people’s photos.
3. Click the 'Share' link when editing the theme or viewing the theme as slideshow.
4. Copy the code and paste it into your blog or web page.

[<a href="http://ibbydev.blogspot.com/2007/07/trekearth-photo-widget.html">Sample Viewer</a>]

Already posted a TE Photo Widget on your blog or website? Link to it here so others can check it out!

AdrianW 08-07-2007 04:50 PM

Re: New Photo Viewer Widget Available

Nice!

Would it be possible to add a fallback option for those of us running with Flash disabled though? All I get at the moment is a broken image icon on your sample page :(

mugush 08-14-2007 02:38 PM

its not working??:(

I have done all the steps you menssioned but i just cant link it to my blog. which is on blogspot...http://mugush.blogspot.com
please help me

ibkevin 08-14-2007 03:17 PM

Re: its not working??:(

Once you've enabled the viewer for you theme, getting it onto you blog should be as easy as:
1) Copy the code from the [share] pop-up window on TE.
2) Create a new post on your Blogspot blog.
3) Click on the Edit HTML tab.
4) Paste the code from TE into the main text area.
5) Click "Publish Post"

Good luck!

mugush 08-15-2007 06:10 PM

but still a problem??:(

thank you so much for your help.. but i did as what you instructed but got Error message something like
"Your HTML cannot be accepted: Tags cannot enclose tags object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="

iamback 08-18-2007 07:41 AM

Flash? Sorry, no go

I will not put any Flash on any of my sites. I use web standards only.

I've already said this in the discussions about protecting our photographs - I won't have anything to do with Flash, and if TE goes Flash, I'm out.

I'm not out just for the offer of using a Flash "widget", of course, but I won't use it. If I want to post a photo somewhere I'll use my SmugMug account instead.

danarm 08-20-2007 11:06 PM

I am certain there is a really simple solution that I am completely missing! How do I add my photos to my Widget (Step 2 above)? I followed the directions above and am at a quandary as to how to include my photos? I know there is a really simple answer here that I am missing! Thanks!

adamasao1 08-22-2007 06:28 AM

Re: but still a problem??:(

Hi, I've managed to post it on my blog at http://photopolitic.blogspot.com

In the blogger dashboard bit there is a template editor. You will probably already have links which appear on your blog on either side of the posts. (The previous answer will work, but put it as a post).

Click on the "Template" tab in blogger. This should open a page with a basic layout of your blog. (If it doesn't, you need to click the "Page Elements" tab within "template").
There should then be a box titled "HTML/ JavaScript". Click on the edit button. This should open a pop-up.

Paste the html code from TE into that window.

If you already have other things in this box, you might want to paste it right at the top. Generally people tend to only have invisible stuff like statcounter in here.

At this point you can just hit save changes, but the TE code has the widget window set to HUGE (400 pixels or something).

It can be a bit confusing, but if you go through the code just look for anything that says "width" or "height". You can keep adjusting these by typing various values - in the end I had to set mine to 300 to keep the widget window from overlapping the text of the blog posts.

Let me know how you go!

Cheers
Adam

ibkevin 08-24-2007 06:12 PM

Click on the photo you want to add from anywhere on the site. In the left hand column under the heading "Photo Options", click on "Add to Theme". -Thanks!

carmem_busko 09-11-2007 02:37 AM

One suggestion: why don't create a widget for travelogues?
Thank you!
Carmem

inuit66 09-17-2007 06:59 PM

Very nice feature I think, have at look at http://underbjerg.dk/jens/jens_underbjerg.htm

jurarafal 09-20-2007 10:58 AM

As my preceding speaker/writer I get an error message @ www.livejournal.com after pasting the code.
the info is as follows:
"Error: Irreparable invalid markup ('<a [...] ;>') in entry. Owner must fix manually. Raw contents below.] "

carolskie007 10-02-2007 05:47 AM

Hi Kevin,

I did exactly as above instruction, still the Widget Photo Viewer doesn't appear as it should. Could it be on the blog site? mine is in multiply.com, pls. help me to figure this out.

TIA,

carol

saguaro 10-04-2007 04:00 PM

I'm also not successful with this. All I get is a thin black bar with
"See more photos: Robís Pics on TrekEarth".

My blog is on wordpress where I have set up a separate page tab for this TrekEarth feature:
<a href="http://robhuntley.wordpress.com/trekearth/" target="_blank">robhuntley.wordpress.com/trekearth</a>

...Rob

banyanman 10-15-2007 05:17 PM

A pretty cool widget, but at 400 pixels the only place to put it on blogger is down at the bottom of the page where it tends to get lost and not noticed. So I edited the html code to fit it into the side bar (225 pixels seems about right). That makes the pics a bit small, but it doesn't look too bad. If anyone is interested in how that looks, you can check out it out at www.banyanman.blogspot.com

Cheers . . . David

banyanman 10-15-2007 05:30 PM

Width for Blogger side bar

Further to my last post about editing the html code to fit the TrekEarth widget into the Blogger sidebar, please use 215 pixels and not 225 pixels - that gives you the same margin on either side of the photo-viewer in the side bar and looks better than 225 pixels which puts the right hand side of the photo-viewer flush with the sidebar. David

ilghiz 10-22-2007 10:01 PM

the procedure's a bit complicated
why should I create a theme when there's an account that is mine
It'd be easier to have the share link on the page with my photos
so there's no need to check if pictures belong to someone else
Anyway thank you for the opportunity

fereshteh 10-29-2007 03:22 PM

Hello!
thank you very much. my widdget is available and perfect.

Roussillon 11-01-2007 06:39 PM

Adding photos to theme

For some reason I can't seem to figure out how to add photos to my personal theme. I must be missing something! Ideas/advice/help? Thanks!

ilghiz 11-01-2007 06:46 PM

Re: Adding photos to theme

That's easy. When you are on a page with a single photo (I mean not on thumbnails page but on a photo page) look at the left hand menu. There are "add to theme" "add to favourites" and other items there. As you ckick on the link you get a theme list. It is devided into two. The top part is "My themes", the bottom one is "Other themes". "My themes" thems are marked as (personal) or (group).

seelivetigers 12-16-2007 09:49 AM

Found a simple method to getting this to work for Blogger just
On the Dashboard- Go to Settings, Template, Add Page Element, and a window will pop up and choose HTML/JavaScript. Just post the code and save thats it.

durkanr 02-14-2008 08:12 PM

I would like to send a message to Stephen Branley. How can I do this please?

feather 02-14-2008 09:26 PM

Just go to Stephen's intro page and click on "contact me" next to his name. Easy

mossphoto 03-12-2008 08:13 PM

Works great on my site: <a href="http://mossphotography.biz/index.html">Moss Photography</a> .

~Vic~

wisat 05-10-2008 03:07 PM

It's working in my site. The widget makes it look better. Please <a href="http://wisat.multiply.com">click here</a> to check it out

faiza 07-02-2008 03:38 PM

please tell me how i can put my photos to trekearth as the the terms used above are unknown to me

ika 10-01-2008 09:17 PM

great idea but it doesnt work on wordpress.com

ika 10-01-2008 09:19 PM

hi! i dont think this works on wordpress.com.

banaei_nikon 11-16-2008 03:57 AM

Can not send critiques to TE members

Hellow,
My critiques option is disable .
I can not send critiques to TE members .
Please help me in this
**MAB**

banaei_nikon 11-16-2008 03:59 AM

Re: Can not send critiques to TE members

Hellow,
Please help me in this

:( :( :(

banaei_nikon 11-19-2008 04:20 AM

I can not send critiques to TE members

Hellow,
I can just comment to TE members

Please help me in this

Didi 11-19-2008 05:14 AM

Re: I can not send critiques to TE members

Yes you should read the TOS about critics.
The TE moderators has disabled your critic option for a while.
I think you had recieved a message Abour this.
Critiques
1. Critiques are to be used for any critical or praiseworthy comments about the critiqued photo.
2. Overly general critiques i.e. Nice shot, Great, I like it a lot! etc. are prohibited and will be removed.
3. Critiques should include specific reasons as to why a photo is either good or needs improvement.
4. Critiques which include broad generalizations such as good composition, nice colors etc. should be marked as a comment. Such critiques may be marked as a comment. Writing excessive amounts of these general critiques may be removed, and the ability to write critiques may be disabled. (It will still be possible to write comments.)
5. Critiquing is one of the core aspects of TE/TL and all helpful critiques are welcomed, however critiquing mostly friend/family members without critiquing others is unfair to the other members and breaches the community spirit of this site. Please critique fairly, as failure to do so may result in removal of critiques and/or ratings or account removal.
6. Critiques may not contain any mention of points to be given in the future. If you run out of points, feel free to continue writing thoughtful critiques without mention of points.
Critique Ratings
1. Critique ratings are to be used to rate critiques fairly.
2. Critique ratings determined to be used for significant retribution or significant reward without warrant will result in removal of all critique ratings for that member and suspension of ability to rate critiques.
3. Critique ratings may not be used for critiques written in languages the member does not understand.
Comments:
1. Comments are general statements, words of support and encouragement. Use comments to leave general feedback like good composition, nice colors. Do not leave critiques here. For specific feedback, leave a Critique.
2. Comments must pertain to the photo, not to the photographer. This is not a place to leave messages for the user. Comments of that nature will be removed. Please use the contact option on the userís page for personal messages.

Vissi 05-14-2010 02:00 PM

account

How do I discontinue my account pls?

Didi 05-15-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vissi (Post 1125142)
How do I discontinue my account pls?

There is a link contact us down this page
Cheers