The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Has anyone else been having problems getting onto TE lately? (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=653235)

rushfan2112 08-11-2008 04:17 PM

Has anyone else been having problems getting onto TE lately?

........Finally, I've managed to get onto TE. Earlier today I clicked on the TE icon in my 'favourites' and waited...and waited...and waited. Then it seemed to time out and that was that.

Undeterred, I tried again; same result. The third attempt was a bit sneaky. I signed onto my Trek Lens a/c and clicked through to my TE a/c via the link. However, I couldn't get to either the galleries or the Forums. The last attempt (before this one) was a search on Google for Trekearth.com - which it found. I clicked the link and...you've guessed it...waited for ages and the lik eventually fell over.

Inbetween sign on attempts, I've been using other sites perfectly normally. This isn't the first time this has happened to me but, this time, it's taken me almost two hours to get proper access.

Hope the server's okay.....

thea0211 08-11-2008 04:59 PM

Re: anyone else been having problems getting onto TE lately?

yep, i've been (almost) constantly getting page errors while trying to open any TE page the last days, i tried also via google and/or via TL, with no luck ... i even tried both firefox and IE, just to be sure ... and yes, other pages work fine

i'm only guessing here but they might be working on something (server stuff i mean)

carper 08-11-2008 05:29 PM

it is a disaster. The last days is trekearth many times a day very slow, or working not at all. The problems where started a week ago. On treknature there are no problems to get in.
gr. jaap

AROBN54 08-11-2008 05:37 PM

Same here..... One day I couldn't get on at all and the rest of the time it is so slow I get really frustrated with it. No problems with any other site.
S.

CMJC 08-11-2008 06:43 PM

from some day I have problems and the navigator said me sometimes he can'nt found the page....

Davids 08-11-2008 06:44 PM

Y e s . . .

. . . P a u l I h a v e t h e p r o b l m s . . . . start making a back up if you don't have one :)

cbrman 08-12-2008 11:04 AM

Re: Problems

Hello,

Same problems here. TE is very slow or working not at all many time a day !

What happens?

Docarmo 08-12-2008 03:46 PM

Re: problems getting onto TE lately?

I also have problems with the connection to TE lately. Someone knows what is happening? Is the site maybe too loaded?
MCV

AdrianW 08-12-2008 04:11 PM

Re: Has anyone else been having problems getting onto TE?

It's been sporadic here the last couple of days; sometimes it's fine, sometimes it times out or seems to stop half way through loading the thumbnails. I think it's probably worst early afternoon UK time.

I'm wondering whether it's related to the recent activity feature?

Roly 08-12-2008 04:21 PM

Re: Has anyone else been having problems getting onto TE lat

The access to the site has been very unreliable lately and this is certainly unpleasant. It would be considerate from those running the site to post a quick note explaining the problem and giving an estimate of the time needed to solve it.