The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How about a “Happy Birthday” page? (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82432)

joseelias 03-15-2005 09:15 PM

How about a “Happy Birthday” page?

I Adam,

I’ve just remembered a small feature that could be quite nice for the members and I believe simple to implement. What about a field for the member to register his/her day of birth, and to create a “Happy Birthday” page featuring the name of the members who have their birthday in that day? It could be placed in the “Members” area or in another more visible place.

This way they could be greeted by other members, which is something good to reinforce friendships, and in a very simple manner highlight every member individually in one single day. Who knows, some members who receive less attention may be “discovered” by others this way and get as gift, besides the greetings, some feedback over his work?

Eventually, in the member intro page it could be added, by TE, a small banner signaling the event and greeting the member in name of TE and the community! I think this would be nice for who was visiting a known member to remember to greet him/her, if he would forget to go to the “Happy Birthday” page that day.

Of course the filling of this field would be an option, and in case it was filled it could be kept private. This way a member could be highlighted and greeted by others, without revealing the age. We know that ladies are usually quite sensible in this aspect… ;-)

I know it’s not a big feature in terms of site options, but could be quite nice for the community spirit.

This is open to suggestions or improvements, considering that it should be kept simple so it doesn’t represent a lot of work to Adam in case it becomes accepted.

joseelias 03-15-2005 09:19 PM

Re: How about a “Happy Birthday” page?

I just forgot a detail… The members who were to be part of this list would be active members. I mean members that have posted a photo, written a critique or participated in a discussion in the last month for example.

If not, the “Happy Birthday” page would become crowded with non-active members soon.

kikvel 03-16-2005 05:08 AM

sounds nice Jose

Parabems pra voce!

I agree, Eu concordo, voce e muito inteligente cara!

;D
meu portunhol esta melhorando...!

K.

elihesamian 03-16-2005 08:26 AM

Good idea Jose!:)

cheers

adam 03-16-2005 12:36 PM

It's an interesting idea, thanks. Currently I'm trying to make the site go faster which is taking a lot of time these days. I'd also like to make dates searchable. For example, clicking on a date would bring up all photos taken on that particular date.

kikvel 03-16-2005 03:25 PM

Some other points Adam

Just to make a summary...(not your pending points ;) )

- Birthday addition.
- Bigger notes window.
- Preview of the notes together with the thumbnails.
- Maybe with thumbnails info just putting the nickname of the TE member and not his points (not to distract from the initial impulse to click on the thumbnail). Maybe Not putting the nickname at all! Only a preview of the notes...This WOULD BE GREAT!!!

- Possibility to add an audio file to the notes. A short one maybe photographers voice. This would also be great to know each other better. To listen to the sounds of the environment...And not everyone will do this, so I guess the bandwidht will not be TOO affected.

- I have many more but I just started out with these. A strong hug dear Adam, keep doing your nice work!

K.

elena 03-17-2005 01:47 AM

Great idea!!

i like everything about this idea,
except my birthday was 2 days ago and if it gets implemented i will have to wait a whole year to be there, hahahhah :)
just kidding, i do hope we will have a happy birthday section soon,
elena